The training is recommendable for all who want to achieve a
clear understanding for rhythm and movement structures within
a competent and pedagogically well structured training.
The training imparts both aspects of rhythm - dancing and drumming
- as a unit.
The successfully completed training enables participants:
- The basic training comprises 22 weekends spread over
- The offered themes will be trained in parallel - as far
as possible - in the two areas dancing and drumming
- The completion of the two-year training is certificated
- participation in at least 80 percent of the training courses
The training also promotes the development of personality through
the media music and dance. The way of learning mirrors one's
own life and thus challenges the human being in its entireness.
- to dance Afro-Brazilian rhythms and play it on different
- to use the gained knowledge and skills in bands and samba
groups - an access to musical performances.
- to impart the basics of Afro-Brazilian dances to children.
After completing the basic training we recommend a third
Advanced training as a group leader in the Rhythm-Consciousness-Method
The third advanced year is appropriate for:
- those, who have completed the basic training
- participants of previous "Project Rhythm"-trainings
- music teachers, music therapists, dancing teachers etc.,
who have experience in dancing and drumming and want to deepen
their knowledge and skills.
the advanced training enables participants:
- to work in the rhythm-consciousness-method with groups.
- to a firm and bodily anchored understanding of rhythm and
- to gain pedagogical abilities for leading seminars.
Pre-condition for the third year is the participation in
the selective course, which aims at forming a group of a similar
Training Tuition: Fee for a weekend is 170,-. Payment
is required via bank transfer.
For both, basic and advanced training, a conga is needed.
For the first weekend we can provide instruments on loan.